Chasm is out now! Download it on Steam here!
Chasm is a procedurally-generated platform adventure currently in development for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Playstation 4 at Bit Kid. Taking equal inspiration from hack 'n slash dungeon crawlers and Metroidvania-style platformers, it will immerse you in a procedurally-generated fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
Story[edit | edit source]
When a small mining community falls silent, a young soldier named Daltyn is sent to investigate. Upon arriving in the remote mountain town of Karthas, he discovers that paranormal forces have sealed the town off from the outside world. Now trapped, he's left with no option but to explore below the town and uncover the source of the disturbances.
Six huge procedurally-generated areas await, each lovingly crafted in a retro pixel art style. Help Daltyn gain new abilities and equipment, evade dangerous traps, and defeat hordes of deadly enemies in order to save Karthas - and possibly the world!
Features[edit | edit source]
- Explore six massive areas procedurally-assembled from hand-crafted rooms
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and authentic pixel art (384x216 native res.)
- Battle massive bosses and discover new abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Customize your character by equipping armor to your body and weapons, shields, or spells to either hand
- Includes Normal, Arena, Time Trial & Hardcore Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time and more
- Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with Gamepad support